filthosophy

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Well, its been some time since my last rant, wanted to check out what other people were ranting abt on their blogs. It seems the majority of them are busy clubbing and being 'cool' , strategically uploading the better photos of themselves. No one really uploads the puking and passed out drunk in cab photos.

Either way, i started feeling pretty shitty abt my current existence-Mon and Thur I have Judo, weekends are for GF and family, everything in between is for work. Dont get me wrong, I do like the judo, got bruises and all. My sparring partner is mad, he doesnt feel pain and the only thing that will stop him is good old fatigue. Then again, my life seems so one-dimensional. Started thinking abt going out for drinks and revisiting some of the clubs with my NSPI buddies, just so that I could put some nifty photos on my otherwise plain blog. Then i went to google Tuol Sleng. And that really puts things in perspective.

Tuol Sleng (or S21 as it is sometimes known) was where the Khmer Rouge imprisoned and tortured their fellow Cambodians. Of the many that went in (men, women, children, elderly), only 7 survived. At a time when Cambodia's population was abt 7 million, the Khmer Rouge Sons of Bitches managed to kill off 1.7 million of their own, all within just 4 years. What did Pol Pot and his cronies get for their heinous crimes to humanity? They died of old age in their forest hideouts. These bastards must be damn surprised after they die, realising that there is a God after all and its time to pay for their sins.

Stuff like this really makes you realise that life isnt just abt fun, and that the world is much bigger than your martini glass or beer mug. Im not gonna post pictures from Tuol Sleng here, not sure if you guys like looking at torture, but do go google it. Hopefully those images help u see a little clearer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home